Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Webcomic

This week I will be discussing "Homestuck". Homestuck is an online webcomic that was introduced in 2009 and finish in 2016. Unlike regular comics, Homestuck is an interactive, long comic founded by Andrew Hussie. It revolves around John Egbert and his 13th birthday. The end of the world comes and he has to team up with alien beings to take down the enemy who wants to take over and destroy the universe. Homestuck it a futuristic webcomic and is filled with satire and rhetoric. I've been reading this comic since 2012 and I find it humorous and entertaining. The creator chose to go with simple designs for the characters since it is a 1,000+ page webcomic. Overall, I believe it has influenced the way I perceive animation, comics, and illustration in general. I find it fascinating comics can evolve to how they are now. While Homestuck does not resemble the normal comics you would pick up, it has it's own twist to the comic world that I find fascinating. This webcomic opens up the doors to what comics are.

No comments:

Post a Comment