Thursday, November 2, 2017

Manga and Japanese Comics

This week I read Inuyasha "Turning Back Time" manga. Essentially, the manga focuses on the life of 15 year old Kagome and her encounters with a magical well that transports her back 500 years in the past. There she meets Inuyasha and their adventure to recover the Shikon jewels starts. I remember reading this manga when I was younger and loving the story and art style. Manga has more of a cartoonish approach in their mangas which appealed to me. I would say manga has definitely impacted my style as an artist and enabled me to further experiment with my style. Even to this day, I believe my style is influenced by manga. Manga is much more fictional and adventure driven in my eyes. Even to this day, manga is everywhere. Many students love manga and take influence from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment